Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Slightly amused, slightly annoyed...

Where do I begin in this sad tale?

Several months ago on a Friday night, someone I once considered a friend did something I can't quite forget and at this writing, can't quite forgive either.

To me a good friend is someone who is in tune with your emotions and body language enough to realise when something is wrong and is able to read the non verbal cues. This same person should be secure enough in the relationship to know that some things won't be shared, but sometimes it's not the telling of the issue that counts but the inquiry.

With that said, I asked a mutual person whether said person was doing alright. Response received was that they weren't and I proceeded the following day to ask whether they were okay.

For my trouble I was blown off and the person in question has never made an effort since to communicate with me.

This is about two and a half months later, I've since left the vicinity and now she's decided that she doesn't understand why it happened and doesn't guess she'll ever understand why. Of course with her having the victim mentality, she wants to blame everyone instead of taking responsibility for her own actions.

Does it annoy me, yes, because I feel that if we had what I would consider a lasting friendship, this wouldn't have happened, or it wouldn't have been allowed to continue for as long as it had. For her to suggest several months later that it's due to other issues or from venom spewed by another person (who I do consider a dear friend) is ludacris, demeaning and outright assinine.

No comments: