Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Review of 2007

Once again I can't believe that we're into another year. More than any other year in the last 5, this last one had some very high highs and some very low lows.

On the low end of the spectrum was my father's stroke near Halloween which caused me to spend over a month in Miami at the Hospital with him. While I am fortunate to have been able to spend the time there with him I would have rather spent quality father-daughter time under different circumstances. Which brings me to the highs...

My highest highs were my parents visiting this summer and our usual travelling. Not to mention when R and I went to Budapest and Athens. I got back in touch with some friends I hadn't heard from in years, some of which are like family so that was fairly exhilirating. Some of the renewal of friendships were due to my father's stroke. There is nothing like hearing from people all over the planet who you've known for most of your life calling you up to see how you're holding up and even coming to visit (was really just luck more so than flying out specifically). I was also able to meet one of the people who I have spent untold hours online chatting to, and that was an unbelievable experience. Sometimes it's heartening to know that you can get along with someone offline as well as online. I guess it just means I'll be talking to them that much more.

While I think I may have missed some, here are the books I read in 2007 (50).
Creation in Death - J.D. Robb
The Royal Mess - MaryJanice Davidson
Dance of the Gods - Nora Roberts
Morrigan's Cross - Nora Roberts
Anansi Boys - Neil Gaiman
The Truth about the Tycoon - Allison Leigh
The Unlikely Father - Cynthia Thomason
The Millionaire's Cinderella Wife - Lilian Darcy
The Borrowed Ring - Gina Wilkins
Season of the Witch - Natasha Mostert
Wildcard - Rachel Lee
H.r.H. - Danielle Steel
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
At Risk - Stella Rimington
The 6th Target - James Patterson
The Harlequin - Laurell K Hamilton
A Fine Night for Dying - Jack Higgins
Just Rewards - Barbara Taylor Bradford
The Secret Supper - Javier Sierra
Taming the Tiger Within - Thich Nhat Hanh
Exile - Richard North Patterson
Undead and Uneasy - MaryJanice Davidson
Step on a Crack - James Patterson
Single in Suburbia - Wendy Wax
The Year of Yes - Maria Headley
The Bright Side of Disaster - Katherine Center
Burnt Sienna - David Morrell
The River Knows - Amanda Quick
Simply Unforgettable - Mary Balogh
My Three Husbands - Swan Adamson
My Spy - Christina Skye
To Distraction - Stephanie Laurens
Two Little Girls in Blue - Mary Higgins Clark
Without Sin - Charles Smithdeal
False Impression - Jeffrey Archer
Fortune's Fool - Mercedes Lackey
Dead Witch Walking - Kim Harrison
For a Few Demons More - Kim Harrison
The Good, The Bad, and the Undead - Kim Harrison
Sleeping Beauty - Phillip Margolin
The Traitor - Stephen Coonts
Stalemate - Iris Johansen
Mistral's Kiss - Laurell K Hamilton
The Book of Names - Jill Gregory & Karen Tintori
Honeymoon - James Patterson
Shopaholic & Sister - Sophie Kinsella
Dearly Devoted Dexter - Jeff Lindsay
Darkly Dream Dexter - Jeff Lindsay
Love Walked In - Marisa de los Santos
Strange Candy - Laurell K Hamilton

1 comment:

Karen Tintori said...

Thanks for reading THE BOOK OF NAMES! Happy and healthy 2008!

Karen Tintori
www.karentintori.com