Yes I realise that this says Course 2 and you didn't see any from course 1. Well, there's a reason for it. It didn't occur to me to take any photos until well after and by the time I had taken any photos I was just practising on the cake so it looks a bit overdone.
These are my birds and birdhouse done in Color Flow. It took me several tries to get this done. Mainly it was because the icing was too thick and it felt like trying to squeeze a softball. There is a slight white/snowy sheen on everything and it may be due to getting some (indirect) sunlight.
This is after I had done the basketweave around the side of the cake. I probably should have taken a photo before I started this but no one really wants to see the"dirty icing".
This is the top of the cake after the basketweave was completed. Thankfully it's not finished at this point as it doesn't look very good does it?
Here I added some flowers that were made with Royal Icing. These things take 2 days to dry. The little ones on the left are violets, then a daisy, primrose and the yellow and purple one is the pansy.
There's a better look at the violet and pansy and to the left is a pink daffodil.
There's a better look at the daffodil and pansy.
This time I added on one of the birds.
There's the other bird.
A moderately decorated top of the cake
Another angle of the cake
No comments:
Post a Comment