As promised, here is a photo of my new pen storage courtesy of BamaPen, it is the Perdomo Reserve Petit Corona Multi Pen storage:
When I ordered this last year I mistakenly hadn't planned for new acquisitions. This pen arrived before any of my Christmas/Birthday presents were ordered so now I'm in a quandry as I've added 7 new pens to my collection and they all need homes.
I did pick up some cigar boxes with the hopes of using those to store ink samples and bottled ink but I'm not sure what to do about the other pens I have. Another order may be in the works, just need to save up some money.
I have been playing with my new babies which is why I have an unusually high number of them inked. After a long time being suspended I finally got my Goulet Ink Drop membership restarted and it makes me eagerly anticipate the start of a new month:
January's Theme is Aurora Borealis:
De Atramentis Moss Green
Noodlers Rome Burning
Diamine Eau de Nil
Diamine Majestic Purple
Noodlers Borealis Black
On Staples' Sustainable Earth Sugarcane-Based Notebook
On Rhodia dotpad paper
I wrote on both papers and photographed them to show the difference between Moss Green and Rome Burning. Usually I write my ink samples on the Staples' paper since that it what I use most of the time to write on. It fulfill's my need as it is not only eco-friendly but can be attained locally at the last minute.
Since it may be difficult to tell, the Moss Green on the Staples paper came across very light, almost pastel and not moss-like. However on the Rhodia paper it presented as a deeper/richer shade and certainly more moss-looking.
Owing to the paper, I noticed that Rome Burning looked quite a bit different between the different papers. On the Staples paper it not only feathered but has almost a metallic look to it (it is supposed to look brown) however on the Rhodia paper it looks like it should.
The rest of the colours didn't present a noticeable difference between the paper types.
Pen reviews to follow.
Currently Inked:
Pilot Prera with De Atramentis Moss Green
Monteverde Artista with Noodlers Rome Burning
Levenger True Writer with Diamine Eau de Nil
TWSBI 540 with Diamine Majestic Purple
Retro 51 with Noodlers Borealis Black
Pilot Petit1 with stock Orange
Lamy Safari with Pelikan Edelstein Topaz
Pilot 78G with Noodlers Ottoman Azure
Currently Reading:
A Storm of Swords by George R.R. Martin
Haunting Embrace by Erin Quinn
No comments:
Post a Comment