This all started on Sunday night when my neighbour Barbara came by to borrow some last minute things for her daughter's homework. Barbara and I had a short discussion about our respective kids homework and the last thing she mentioned to me before she headed back next door was to say that she'd heard on the news prior to coming over that sometime this week we are to expect a cold front.
I didn't think anything more of until late last night when my friend from Regensburg (about 25 mins away) was complaining of how cold she was. What do I do this morning? Get online and find out what the temperature is. From 8am until around 10:30am it was 10F (although it felt like 2F) and the forecast for today had the high of 27F and the low of 21F. Well you can imagine my dismay when I discovered that we were well below the forecasted low temperature.
I knew I had to make myself head to post today but I didn't see the sense in rushing myself as I still had to find my husband's weight belt and workout gloves that were in his dungeon (the affectionate name given to any room in any of our houses where all of his military gear resides). Those items weren't quite where he said, but the room is still more or less a mess (and with it being in the basement and as cold as it is, I'm not rushing to go and tidy up that room) so I didn't feel too bad throwing things around.
With those items being found along with the other surprises I was sending him (as he tells me that even though they have a PX out there in the sandbox, they're always out of whatever it is that he needs) they were boxed up and once again I look at the temperature. By now it's 11am and we've moved up 1 degreeF. Yay, warmer, only slightly *sighs*. I figure I can't possibly stall for anymore time as by now the PX is open (11am) and the commissary is open (I think 10am) so away I go.
I managed to do my errands and make it home safely without too much issue or complaint (but I had several layers of clothes on). The only thing that I found annoying is that my feet couldn't stay warm. By the time I got home the temperature made it all the way up to 16F (feels like 7F). So now I'm going to go on amazon.com and hope they have something suitable.
1 comment:
The temp. here jumped up to 1°C, something I can manage and perfect for 'Einkaufen'...hope you find something to keep you warm quick, the temp. will drop again this weekend. :-/
Post a Comment