Thursday, December 15, 2005

The days have flown by.

I just realised that the last time I posted was on Tuesday. The last couple of days have flown by and yet I can barely remember them. this is neither good nor bad, just factual.

Last night I had such grand plans in my head for today. I knew what I was going to do and where I was going and went to bed with a smile on my face ready to face the next day. My husband calls it my deranged moment, all I know is that I found myself wide awake after having sat straight up in bed for what at the time felt like no reason. This sudden movement woke him up and startled him. I figured that it must be some sort of internal mechanism telling me to heed mother nature's call. In hindsight I must say I was lucky. Between the bed and the bathroom there is a flight of stairs and as I was out of it, I almost felt down the flight of stairs. Minutes later I found myself back in bed and drifting off to sleep, however I felt so tired this morning it was unbelievable. Someone could have told me that I ran a marathon and I would have believed them. There must have been something in the air as the husband and girl-child were just as exhausted as I was. Go figure.

The two hours I was up this morning was long enough to wake the girl-child up, make sure she had a bath (we were out late last night so she didn't get to have one before she went to bed), fixed her breakfast and lunch and make sure she got off to catch the bus on time. Shortly after I had fallen back asleep my husband calls. I am sure he feels (although he doesn't say anything) that I sleep off and on all day (I wish) so when I happened to mention during the short conversation that he woke me up, he didn't sound the least bit surprised. His phone call was to tell me that he'd be coming home soon (which ended up being 2 hours later). By now I figured the day was shot, all of my grand plans just fizzled out like some cheap champagne.

The upside to this day is that hubby thought he'd forgotten some paperwork at the office. Due to the time we had to wait for the girl-child to come home before we could head out. Since I didn't have anything concrete planned for dinner, he decided that we should have fish, fries and whatever other sides we could find. While at the commissary we won what looks like a 25lb turkey. I was quite pleased but now I feel like I have to cook Christmas dinner. Must find out what he wants to do and what our neighbours are doing. That is certainly a lot of turkey for 3 people and even though I normally freeze quite a bit of it afterwards, we could have turkey for months to come.

The tired monster has captured me again. I'm not quite sure what is going on. My eating habits won't indicate that I'm deficient in anything so maybe it's the lack of exercise that is doing me in. Hubby suggested today that I may feel a lot better and have more energy if I start working out again. His response to my saying that I was going to wait until the new year was to wonder if it was going to be my new year's resolution. That wasn't the reason at all. This friday is the start of the school's winter break and I can't in good conscience start working out when I should be spending time with the girl-child. Not to mention that hubby is taking some leave so we can go on a couple of trips before he heads to the sandbox. Plus, I'm not one for New Year's resolutions as they never work out, so I don't do them.

Off to do some more work on his music file conversion. Yay! (not!)

No comments: