Monday, December 12, 2005

Tiredness seems to be a new way of life.

The weekend great considering a few rough spots.

Friday night my neighbour took me shopping with her to this grocery store that has a lot more selection what we can find around here. I only went with the intention of getting stuff to make lasagna (per the hubby's request) and ended up buying all sorts of German and Polish sausages among other things. It is a good thing I had plenty of money with me.

Saturday the girl-child and I walked about 3/4 of a mile to the grocery store nearby to see what they have. Although we've been there before, I was told that they have much better prices than the store right across from me (can believe that as things there seem a bit pricey) so we had to go look. Yeah ended up spending what money I didn't spend on Friday night, but that was okay.

Sunday I got up early (4am) to start cooking for the evening event. We were going to drive to Vilseck which is about a 45 minute drive and I didn't want to have to rush when we got back. Gave considerable thought to not going as the morning didn't start off well. However I remembered that I had started a new leaf so off I went. It is just as well. I ended up buying hubby's presents (these are little things that go underneath the tree) and even got something for the girl-child.

From there we rushed back so that I could finish making the fresh vegetable pizza (I had started the crust earlier) and made a large cobb salad. Then off we dashed to the Christmas Party. The girl-child had a good time, I was so tired that all I could do was eat and try not to pass out. We headed home shortly after Santa arrived and handed out the presents.

Today was something else. I had to be at the drivers testing area before 8. The Germans are very prompt and if something is supposed to start at 8 and you're not in the room, they lock the door. So of course I made sure I was there. I figured we'd have a 2 hour ordeal that I'd have to sit through, instead we sat through a 20 minute video and then I headed to library to try and absorb more information. Hubby surprised me at the library as I was sitting down with some magazines and was about to tune the world out for the next two hours. So instead of sitting there for hours, we had lunch together.

The drivers test was at 1pm and I did alright. I missed more than I was hoping to, but sometimes it helps if you're paying attention. The darned vision test (erm, I think I need my prescription updated) was almost harder than the darned drivers test. Anyway I have my temporary license while I await the regular one in the mail, so I guess I won't be chauffered anymore, nuts!

1 comment:

Crazy Single Mom said...

I never seem to have enough hours in the day or days in the week to accomplish everything, so I live in a constant state of tiredness lol!